To mitigate risk and maximize resilience, we must assess policy level interventions that address community-level risk and protective factors. One of our first priorities is to promote expansion of education reform to:
- Include the development of productive school-community partnerships
- Increase equitable access to school-based mental health services
- Provide universal mental health screening
- Create a nation of mindful educators
- Develop innovative ways to support the sustainability of these programs
Increasing awareness and understanding of the impact of Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) on a child’s ability learn is critical to our success. Through the promotion of social emotional learning and character education programs in schools, we can increase resiliency and improve outcomes.